Monday 4 April 2011

I. Am. Canadian.

I love a man in uniform. 

Seriously I don't know what it is about camoflage, but it does it for me.

So when I saw a guy last night at the bus stop, I naturally pointed out to roommate that he had a nice booty.

(Generally booty looks so much better in those pants, it must be as a reward to people who surrender and get to see our armed forces walk away from them)

Now let me mention that this man was brown. And on top of that, he was sporting an uncharacterisically bushy dark beard. I mentally noted it was odd that he was unshaven, and proceeded to oogle the rare treat I saw before me.

The next thing that happened may shock and horrify you.

A man in a heavy winter coat wearing a trucker hat walked past Mr. Army, then past roommate and I. He said to his (rather overweight) girlfriend, "Now that bothers me; having an East Indian in a Canadian uniform."

I'M SORRY.....WHATTTT?!?!?!?!

I yelled after him, "WOW! Racist!"

He scuttled off across the street to avoid confrontation.


This is Canada, eh?
 

I'm sorry, but when did anyone define the phenotypic characterics of a Canadian? I know I recognize the stereotype we carry as friendly maple-syrup slogging plaid-wearing white men in toques.

 

YOU sir, do not fit that sterotypes because you are NOT friendly and I would be ashamed for you to represent our country in any manner. I'm still kicking myself for not following that racist coward and giving him the following lecture:

What makes any one of us Canadian? BEING WHITE? I think you just set us back to the dark ages where the black man picked cotton and the red man threw tomahawks. I think in this day and age people show be more aware of the fact that Canada is a country of many cultures and many faces. In fact we are ALL immigrants.

Mr. Army is TWICE the Canadian you will ever be. I can imagine if I asked the two you sing the national anthem, which one of you wouldn't stumble over the words? And which one of you has the job that requires them to wear our flag on his arm every day? Mr. Army may have coloured skin but he may be a 5th generation Canadian. He's obviously a citizen, and a very loyal one to be wearing that (sexy) uniform.
 
In closing, I'd just like to say I am a proud milk-bagger.


No comments:

Post a Comment