Friday 27 May 2011

Popularity

I get really excited every day to check how many hits my blog has.

My favourite thing to check is this graph. I especially like seeing it peak when I posted something new, which tells me that people are here, (hopefully reading) due to my constant advertising and word-of-mouth. I may be addicted to this little graph.

Also I am super happy to announce that I am finally over the 1000 mark!

Right now I'm probably ankle deep in a Nicaraguan field, thinking about how many hits I've gotten in my absence. I'm guessing by the time I get back it will be roughly 1500, so thanks for visiting and helping me get up there.

I don't think I will ever have enough popularity to actually profit from this blog. There is a way I can put adds on the page, but I only get paid if people actually click them. And really, If you guys are anything like me, it would be a waste of time.

I look up to Allie, author of Hyperbole and a Half. She writes blogs with funny pictures, so you might think I'm copying her.


Okay I might be slightly copying her, but it really merges two things I enjoy so....

So anyways I have decided that my measurement of popularity is having fans that I don't personally know. Therefore, I picked this week's Reader of the Week to be someone entirely new. (See? Equal opportunities!)




The Reader of the Week is Olivia. She is one of the first people to LIKE us on Facebook. Hope you can forgive me for borrowing you profile picture, but hope you will spread the word about my humble blog! :)


Look forward to a brand NEW blog NEXT Friday about my awesome travels!

And please forgive the lack of pictures in this one, I wrote it while packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment